Holster

So my Todd's holster arrived and needed a little weathering. It was also too big. I found a way of adjusting these at the back. I trimmed the part where it narrows to go through the back buckle so that it tapered off earlier on. This made it possible to attach the belt to the next set of snaps on the inside.

This then fitted me a lot better. I had to guess the waist size as I didnt have my coat at the time!







I was slightly annoyed that it took me 25 mins to remove this. It was completely compacted shredded wet tissue paper that had completely solidified. I had to fill the holster with water in the end and then managed to fish the last lump out.

Nightmare....

In the end it came out and this was what I got :)


















All Shiny and new.... well we can;t have that can we ;)
Time for weathering!!!


.......

This tapered part was cut further back towards the snaps so that it went further through the buckle and was able to be made smaller :)







Bought some Coconut oil (which is solid) and heated it until it became a liquid. I then rubbed it into the holster all over. This gave it a darker and richer colour. It also smells amazing :D

Later on I gave all of the Holster a little scrub with a wire brush and gave it the weathered look in all the right places.

Note I also have the greebs from Anovos :) Really happy with them, though they are expensive with delivery to the UK (cost about £50 in total!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoth Boots - UPDATE!

Hoth Han Solo Costume from ESB