Hoth Boots - UPDATE!

These have been an absolute pain.

Aside from the dodgey Chinese sellers sending rubbish I sent back, and then 'claiming' my return didnt arrive, losing money, buying a second pair etc... I'm pretty happy with how these turned out in the end!



So here's what I had for reference. Not a lot to go on. Screengrabs arent much help either, nothing really shows his boots in detail at any point.

Here is how my boots looked when they arrived :




So started to work on these. But I noticed a few things along the way :


1. His boots are a different colour at the bottom to the top. Suede coloured bottom 'shoes' with an off grey/suede coloured boot calve attachment.

So I have mimicked this with spray paint. I used chalk paint to get the effect on the suede. It turned out great.









2. Before doing so I had to also remove a million stitch lines which just weren't necessary at all. No idea why they were there.






3. The boots were attached with velcro at the front and not at the back like these boots came. So i swapped them around. In doing so I found ONE single shot in the film (which is about 3 frames) where you see the back of Han's boots. This is when he is dragging Luke to the TaunTaun. At this point you can see they are attached at the back with small snaps/poppers.

The velcro at the front also does not attach the same way on all 3 straps. 2 cross left to right and one right to left :

Screengrab showing the snaps!




I think I mimicked these as well as possible!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoth Han Solo Costume from ESB

Holster