Boots!

Boots have arrived from Ebay. They turned up really fast (like 10 days) from China!

I am actually genuinely suprised by them. They are fairly well made, quite thin material and theres no ankle support but for a costume I am pretty shocked for the price.

They look good, and well worth the money. I planned on upgrading them as they need more velcro to hold them together better.




  • Colour - they are quite dark. I plan(ned) on making them lighter somehow..
  • Size - They fit me really well after I requested size 10
  • Accuracy - The sole is too deep at the back. But otherwise they look kinda good! I was thinking of wrapping the boot straps around further and putting the rivets/snaps in just like the film..
As seen on the back of Han's when hes pulling Luke to the TaunTaun


Problem............ they have a zip. A HUGE Zip all the way up the back. I struggled to find any boots like this so for £40 i wasnt too bothered. I would be able to adjust them. I figured I could cut the zips out or cover them with a joining strip of the same colour suede. I enquired to the Ebay company that I got them from and they swore blind that the boots did not have a Zip!
So i sent them this...


As i was Emailing them on Ebay I randomly saw a post for another pair with NO ZIP. This time with Photos showing no Zip. So I asked the Seller again about the Zip and they just offered a refund. So I am going to send them back. Shame as I really like them.... lets see what the next pair look like...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoth Boots - UPDATE!

Hoth Han Solo Costume from ESB

Holster